This Slow Cooker Chicken Masala is the easiest slow cooker recipe I have ever made. Its simple, quick, set and forget. Just a few ingredients, five minutes of prep and you will be rewarded with rich curry aromas wafting around your house that taste even better.
I make this one quite often because it is so easy to chuck everything in the slow cooker on a Sunday after lunch, duck out for some retail therapy or a walk along the beach and then come back to a house smelling of aromatic indian curry! It's as bold and adventurerous as this spicy chicken slow cooker and as easy as this moroccan beef and vege slow cooker stew.
This is a homemade indian curry that smells good, tastes good and won’t weigh you down.
I think that this is one of the main reasons I typically avoid indian takeaway shops. Unfortunately I have had a few too many served with a layer of oil on top. Not this one though. Just rich tomato curry goodness, minus the oil.
In my book, a homemade curry is the perfect meal to share friends and family.
Its easy to make it more or less spicy by adding more masala paste. I like mine to be a bit punchy, so I tend to add an extra spoonful of paste.
Its easy to make the sauce more “saucier”, or less “saucier”. For more sauce, add another can of tomatoes if that is the way you like it! Sometimes I do this when I want it to last longer!!
Its easy to ramp up the nutritional profile by adding some veg. Maybe not very indian, but who says you have to do everything by the book. Why not add some carrots, white sweet potato, egg plant, or beans.
So there you have it.
Slow cooked chicken tikka masala. Homemade. Better than buying it. Make it the way you want.
Slow Cooker Chicken Masala
- 1 kilogram / 2.2 lb. Chicken Thigh (Chopped into 1cm pieces)
- 1 large Brown onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- ¾ cup / 180 ml Marsala paste
- 440 grams / 15 oz. Tinned chopped Tomatoes (I use SPC brand with added garlic and basil)
- 3 teaspoon Crushed garlic
- ¼ cup / 60 ml Pouring cream
- 1 medium Spring onion, sliced diagonally
- Place all ingredients, except the cream and spring onions into the slow cooker
- Slow cook on high for 4 hours
- Once plated up with your favourite choice of side (rice, naan etc) drizzle a little cream and garnish with spring onions.
- Store in the freezer for upto 6 weeks.