Hello, I'm Kim, and I'm really passionate about making healthier choices in my recipes by cutting down on sugar.
My area of expertise lies in creating sugar-free desserts, sugar-free baking, sugar free snacks and crafting low sugar and sugar free dinners that are perfect for those busy midweek meals and meal planning.
About The Recipes
All the recipes you find on My Sugar Free Kitchen are naturally sweetened, and I love experimenting with natural sweeteners like monkfruit, dates, and sugar-free maple syrup. On the very odd occasion, I may use a tablespoon or two of honey if the recipe can't be made any other way.
My aim is to keep my recipes as simple as possible by using everyday, easy to find ingredients, whilst keeping them low in sugar, and high on the taste, texture and flavor scale.
I want to show you how to make healthy recipes using natural ingredients and sweeteners that will help you to cut back on sugar whilst still satisfying your sweet cravings.
Familiar recipes re-imagined into a healthier low sugar/no sugar alternative.
A Little Bit About Me
As a kid and teenager I grew up eating lots of processed and sugary foods like high sugar cereals, cakes, biscuits, slices, chocolates, and chips. I always struggled with my weight and I knew it was because of my diet. There was lots of food that came in boxes with ingredients I couldn't pronounce, and only minimal fresh fruit and veges.
For years I struggled with lack of energy, fatigue, skin problems and my cravings were off the charts.
About 15 years ago, I completely changed the way I ate. I began cooking from scratch, eating way more fruits and veg and cutting out refined sugars.
I started to read cookbooks like they were novels, taking in every bit of information on healthy eating that I could. I also become obsessed with watching cooking shows 24/7.
I learnt about flavors, spices, cuts of meat, how to use a slow cooker, a pressure cooker, and how to bake from scratch for the first time. All the while experimenting and adjusting so that the recipes I made had little to no added sugars, but tasted delicious.
This process of experimentation taught me how to use natural sweeteners like dates, apricots, figs, and monkfruit.
This proved to me I could make healthy and delicious food without all the added sugars. I didn't want to give up my comfort foods, chocolate, desserts or my love of spicy Asian dishes. So I re-invented them here, in my growing collection of healthy and clean recipes.
I've immersed myself in the world of sugar-free recipes, accumulating over 15 years of practical experience and knowledge refining my skills in ingredient substitution, to create just the right balance of sweetness, texture, and flavor across my recipe collection.
- My Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon with Mash Potato was featured in Healthline.
- This Teriyaki Salmon Bowl recipe was featured in Full Plate Living
- This One Pot Fish Stew was featured in Pure Wow Magazine
- My Sugar Free Caramel Slice has been featured in Eluxe Magazine.
- My Sugar Free Black Bean Chocolate Cake was featured on Earth911.
- My Smoked Paprika Chicken recipe has been saved over 1550 times on Pinterest
- My Thai Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce has been saved over 1600 times on Pinterest and featured on Buzzfeed
🎈What Others are Saying...
I’ve made a lot of chocolate cakes and cupcakes over the years but this is now my favourite. It’s rich but, for sugar-free, I loved it!Patricia on Sugar Free Chocolate Avocado Cake
Omg YUM!! These exceeded expectations. They really are the best ever Anzac biscuitsSarah on Healthy Anzac Biscuits
This was an absolute winner! Delicious. Hubby agreed we add this dish to our regular meal rotation. Thank you.Margy on Chinese Mongolian Chicken
MY DAD LOVED THIS!!!! I made this dessert for my dad for Thanksgiving. He always says that the portions of desserts are too small, but the nutrition in this one allowed him to have a bigger piece. It had some fat which is good b/c he’s thin. HE LOVED THIS - SAID IT WAS AMAZING! Excellent recipe.Chrissy on Sugar Free Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
Made this it was fantastic!! Going to make it again only this time with beef instead of the chicken.Cynthia on Healthy Chinese Orange Chicken
What You’ll Find on My Sugar Free Kitchen
- Simple, full flavored sugar free dinner meals using fresh ingredients
- Simple 30 minute meals for when you're short on time
- Sugar free chicken dinner recipes that you can make in the Air Fryer, and Slow Cooker, as well as Sugar Free Sauce recipes.
- Healthy and exciting Salmon and Fish recipes that are easy to make. Because I love, love, love Seafood.
- Many Asian inspired favourites reimagined without all the added sugars
- Sugar Free Desserts and Sugar Free No Bake Desserts that are naturally sweetened with fruits, monkfruit, stevia and occasionally raw honey or maple syrup
- Sugar Free Snacks for those in between times to help you manage sweet cravings
- Sugar Free Cake Recipes, Sugar Free Muffins and Bars and Sugar Free Cheesecakes all easy to make and naturally sweetened
- Recipes that I have made and tested many times.
- Recipes with nutritional information calculated via the My Fitness Pal app.
What You Won’t Find on My Sugar Free Kitchen
- I don’t use bottled pre made recipe bases in my recipes
- Bland recipes with little to no flavor. I like lots of flavor. In Everything.
- Complicated recipes. Mostly because I can’t be bothered. I want it to be easy and I want to enjoy doing it, so its uncomplicated all the way.
One of my most made recipes is my Sugar Free Chocolate Cake. It uses Monkfruit as the sweetener and its super easy to make with no gadgets required. Plus it has creamy chocolate frosting!
This Date Snickers (Chocolate Covered Dates) is just 4 ingredients, 15 minutes and no special equipment needed
Next, join the community!
Wow, you read all the way here. Thank you so much! I’d love to hear YOUR story as well and get to know YOU.
Contact me at kim at mysugarfreekitchen dot com