I’m always looking for tasty and healthy snack ideas to take to work and this is both a tasty and Mango Protein Balls. I made these over the Easter long weekend are it's recipe that I will definitely be putting into regular rotation. These protein balls were really moist, full of flavour and pack a punch with 19 grams of protein.
Make this easy protein balls recipe for make ahead weekday snacks!
Protein balls are easy to make and these ones got the tick of approval from my husband, especially as he was working up and appetite after doing jobs around the house over the long weekend. Yep, painting, plastering, sanding, all those annoying little DIY jobs that you keep on putting off because, well, they are just boring, unrewarding and chew up time when you’d rather be doing something else.
Yeah, like soaking up the sunshine on the beautiful sunshine coast beaches, or walking through one of the awesome hinterland rainforest national parks, or heck, just relaxing out back chilling out with your gorgeous furkid (yes, Charlie that’s you!)
But anyway, with jobs calling and a bit of trusty wife nagging, we managed to get done about half the DIY jobs – not bad as we also managed to squeeze in a few trips to the beach to soak up the view and eat acai bowls, and host a spur of the moment BBQ lunch with friends with lots of great conversation, steaks, crunchy healthy salads and yes WINE!
And whilst I might have left my protein ball baking till the last possible minute of the long weekend, I’m so glad I put in the effort because the dried mango, the coconut, the cashews, it all comes together to create a protein ball BOMB!
If you’re looking for other handy snack time ideas that are healthy, free from refined sugar and generally taste delicious, then check these out: Vanilla, Almond and Date Protein Cookies, Banana Pikelets, Sugar Free Bliss Balls, Apricot Bliss Balls and my Date Free Bliss Balls.
If you need something with a decidedly chocolate hit, try this one: Chocolate Cashew Nut Cups
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook or Pinterest! Did you try a recipe? Tag me on Instagram: @mysugarfreekitchen, and leave a comment & star rating!
Mango Protein Balls
- 110 grams Dried Mango
- 40 grams Goji Berries
- 60 grams Macadamias
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Cashew Spread
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 5 - 6 drops Liquid Stevia Drops (see note 1)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Bean paste
- ¼ cup Water
- ½ cup Unflavoured whey protein powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut (optional)
- Using a food processor, blend together all the ingredients at once until a sticky dough is formed
- Using hands, roll into bite sized balls and then roll in desiccated coconut if you like
- Store protein balls in an airtight container in the fridge on greaseproof paper to avoid sticking. They will keep for upto a week.
- Liquid Stevia drops are three times as strong as sugar or granulated stevia, so less is more here. If you don't have the drops, you can use 1/4 cup granulated stevia dissolved in a tablespoon or two of hot water so it creates a slurry
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!