This sugar free banana muffins recipe has resulted in the most light and fluffy mini cakes I have ever made. All I can put it down to is using a method I haven’t used before, which basically come about because I wanted cake but I didn’t want a lot of mess.
So I threw all the ingredients into the food processor and pressed blitz and a minute later I had my cake batter. It was a Saturday afternoon and I had way to many things on my plate that I had already not done, so I wanted cake and I wanted it quick.
Literally, 1 minute to get the food processor out of the cupboard and line up the ingredients on the bench, 1 minute getting all the ingredients into the food processor, 1 minute blitzing, 1 minute putting the batter into the muffin trays, and 18 minutes in the oven. There my friend, you have cake in a hurry, cooked to perfection, melt in your mouth and full of banana flavour.
My mum was in town this Saturday arvo and I was ready for a good old fashioned catch up. But I didn’t want to be in the kitchen too long so this was the perfect quick fix. The cake was devoured at 4pm and 8.30pm with a cup of tea whilst we updated each other on the happenings and goings on.
Freezer Freindly Mini Sugar Free Banana Muffins
We don’t get to see each other very much as Mum lives 6 hours away so these times are very special. Actually mum was in town for a doctors visit, but we tried to not let that put a dampener on the mood, despite the fact she was on doctors orders of bland diet with nothing naughty. Ok so we kind of might have snuck in some cake, but I think it was all OK in the end.
The next day I still had a few little banana and walnut cakes left, and instead of scoffing them (which I might of done in a previous life), I instead opted to enjoy them just as much later in the week by bagging them up in ziplock bags for morning teas during the week. And Whooooaa!! These cakes defrosted beautifully and kept the same lightness and fluffiness just like when they were first made.
I love this recipe. Only one thing to wash, oops, 2 things (food processor and muffin trays) Yay!! Minimal mess mini cakes. Maximum taste. Love it!
Looking for something wheat free, dairy free and sugar free, try this banana bread recipe I made recently. Or what about these light and fluffy apple and ginger muffins (perfect with a cuppa), or these wicked sugar free flourless chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting, perfect for dessert after dinner.
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook or Pinterest! Did you try a recipe? Tag me on Instagram: @mysugarfreekitchen, and leave a comment & star rating!
Mini Sugar Free Banana Muffins
- 1/2 cup Reduced fat butter
- 1/2 cup Granualted Stevia
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour (or wholemeal plain flour)
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup Wholemeal plain flour
- 1/4 cup chopped Walnuts
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon Bicarb soda
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (fan forced), 330 degrees F.
- In a food processor, blitz the butter and stevia
- Add the flours, almond meal, cream of tartar and bicarb and eggs and blitz until combined
- Mash the bananas roughly with a fork and add to food processor, along with nuts and vanilla bean paste. Blitz to combine.
- Once the mix is all combined, spray two x six hole silicon muffin trays with a light spray of coconut oil and spoon the mixture equally amongst the 12 muffin cups
- Bake in oven for 19 to 20 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool before removing them from the moulds.
- Cool them on a wire rack covered until they reach room temperature.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!