his is a simple and quick sugar free stir fry sauce with chicken and green veges, perfect for busy weeknights when you need something healthy and without too much fuss.
I love a good Sugar free chicken stirfry recipe almost as much as a good sugar free clean eating chocolate dessert, and this one doesn’t disappoint. It has bags of flavour and is packed with protein and fibre so it’s sure to keep you fuller for longer and will definitely help you to manage those pesky after dinner cravings.
How Do You Make A Healthy Stirfry Sauce?
This sugar free stir fry sauce contains 6 ingredients, all available from your local supermarket. The key players are:
- Soy Sauce (or Tamari for a low sodium option)
- Chicken stock or broth
- Pineapple juice (canned is fine)
- A good dose of freshly minced garlic
- Finely grated ginger
- Good quality tomato paste for that luscious red colour
Add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined. Simple, a healthy stir fry sauce without cornstarch. It really doesn’t need it.
If you prefer your stirfy sauce to be on the healthier side, check out my Sugar Free Sweet and Sour Sauce with chicken meatballs. Super simple with that unmistakable tangy twist. Or this Honey Chilli Chicken with Cashews and 3 low carb options - perfect after weekend blow outs!
If you’re looking for more convenience, or you’d just love to have a healthy pre-made sauce on hand for when you really want to eat healthy with the least amount of effort, check out the Healthy Food Guide To Asian Sauces for some useful tips on which ones to buy and which ones to avoid.
What Makes A Clean Eating Chicken Stirfry?
- Lean protein – thinly sliced chicken or turkey breast, or chicken or turkey meatballs you’ve made yourself. Even lean beef strips, or tofu.
- Plenty of veges – think lean and green (bok choy, zucchini, beans, snow peas, sugar snap peas, cabbage), or make it like a rainbow (red, yellow and green capsicum/peppers, carrots, purple cabbage, and mushrooms
- A punchy Sauce free from refined sugars/preservatives - some of my faves are this zingy sugar free sweet and sour number, this healthy cashew nut chicken dish you’ll probably become addicted to, or this blow your mind Spicy Salmon stirfry that will change how you think about salmon and stirfrys forever.
Making a sugar free stir fry sauce from scratch is pretty easy once you know how and once you start trading store bought sugar laden sauces for healthier make at home versions, you’ll notice how different and better they taste.
Making it at home means you’ll know exactly what goes into it, and the beauty of it is that once you done it a few times, you’ll realise that you can multi-task that sauce to work on many different other recipes, not just stirfrys.
perhaps as a drizzling sauce over baked chicken thighs.
Or, as the cooking liquid for chicken or beef in your slow cooker.
Gotta love a super quick, super healthy stir fry sauce that works double time!
My Other Sugar Free Sauces:
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook or Pinterest! Did you try a recipe? Tag me on Instagram: @mysugarfreekitchen, and leave a comment & star rating!
Sugar Free Stir Fry Sauce with Chicken & Green Veges
- ¼ cup Soy sauce or Tamari
- ¼ cup Chicken stock/broth
- ¼ cup Pineapple juice - from a can
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoons Finely grated ginger
- 500 grams /1 pound Chicken breast - sliced in strips
- 2 tablespoons Rice Bran oil
- 1 cup Broccoli florrets - small pieces
- 2 medium Zucchini - sliced diagonally and cut in half again
- 1 cup Green beans - chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- Chopped peanuts
- Chopped coriander/chilli
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk well until combined. Set Aside.
- Heat a wok on high heat, and add 1 tablespoon of the oil, once heated. Add the chicken, and cook for a few minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon or tongs. Remove chicken from pan once cooked through.
- Add the second tablespoon of oil, and the vegetables. Move them around the work with the wooden spoon, for 3 minutes, adding around ¼ of the sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the wok and stir through.
- Add the remaining sauce, and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Remove stirfry from heat. Divide equally between four bowls and serve with rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped peanuts.
- Nutritional information is for one serve of sugar free stir fry sauce with chicken, green veges and 1/2 a cup brown rice.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!