Healthy and Easy Lebanese Bread Pizza that is crispy, crunchy, spicy and ready in 20 minutes. Perfect with a glass of red on a Friday night.
This is my grown-up pizza. With two of my favourite things. Garlic and chilli. Lebanese bread pizza is our Friday night go to make at home takeaway meal in our house.
Basically, because we get to the end of the working week and hubby and I want something easy and we don’t want to have to go out to the shops. Thankfully for these little babies we always keep the ingredients on hand.
- Lebanese bread
- A packet of thinly sliced salami
- Garlic paste
- Tomato paste
- Chilli paste
- Grated cheese
- Tin pineapple
- Packet of semi dried tomatoes
And some fresh shallots and basil from the herb garden out the side.
One of my favourite ways to enjoy a thin and crispy pizza is with a side salad or rocket, fresh tomato, fresh cucumber and capsicum, drizzled with Italian dressing. It adds that nice fresh element, plus stops me from overeating way more pizza than I should.
To get the perfect crispy base, definitely preheat the oven first before you put the pizza in. Another trick of mine is to double cook the base. Like the way I did this Garlic Prawn Pizza.
By double cooking I mean prepping the sauce mixture and slathering that onto the base and cooking it for 5 min while you prep the toppings.
After 5 minutes, take it out of the oven and put on the toppings, salami first, sundried tomato and pineapple followed by cheese.
The addition of garlic and chilli to the base sauce gives the pizza just a little bit of kick and interest, and I think it elevates it from what would otherwise be just a salami pizza to my grown-up version of the Hawaiian pizza.
If you’re not into salami, you could use ham instead of course. This would be just as tasty!
Our dog Charlie, loves Friday night pizza nights, particularly in the hope that we might drop some salami on the floor as we prep the toppings, or that some might magically slide off the pizza as we take a bite. No such luck. All the toppings on this pizza are spoken for!
Totally easy. Undeniably tasty and so moreish you’ll want to have Lebanese pizza breads every Friday night! Some of my other Friday night home made takaways are my comfort food Cashew Nut Chicken, fresh and zesty Crunchy Thai Beef Salad, and this luxe Fish Panang Curry!
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook or Pinterest! Did you try a recipe? Tag me on Instagram: @mysugarfreekitchen, and leave a comment & star rating!
Lebanese Bread Pizza
- 50 grams / 1.7 oz. extra thinly sliced mild salami
- 2 slices of tinned pineapple
- 25 grams / 1 oz. semi dried tomatoes
- 1 medium shallot
- ¼ cup low fat grated cheese
- Basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C [350 degrees F]
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato paste, chilli paste and garlic. Spread over the Lebanese bread.
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of cheese over the bread and bake for 5 minutes.
- Add salami, pineapple, tomatoes, shallot and finally remaining grated cheese
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Slice with a pizza cutter and enjoy.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves sprinkled over.
- To make this into a more filling main meal, serve with a side salad of rocket, cucumber, capsicum, cherry tomato and Italian dressing.
- Lean shaved ham can be substituted instead of salami to slightly lower the calories.
Note: Sugars contained in this recipe are from naturally occurring sugars in fruits, vegetables or other natural sweeteners.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!