Baked Paprika Parmesan Chicken is a clean eating easy midweek meal. Oven baked, crispy and crunchy, bursts of flavour and spices from the three different types of paprika, freshly finely grated parmesan and good old fashioned bread crumbs. It’s healthy crumbed chicken with punch and pizzazz, perfectly paired with your favourite grains, potato, or greens.
Crumbed chicken is one of my go to meals during the week. Especially when it’s healthy, crunchy, spiced up and on the table without a lot of mess or a lot of prep.
For this recipe you’ll need three large bowls. On your benchtop, in this order.
- One bowl for the flour
- One bowl for the egg wash
- One bowl for the spice and breadcrumb mix
You literally create yourself a little production line of crumbed chicken. Oh and don’t forget an additional plate at the end to put your crumbed chicken onto before it hits the oven.
How To Make Baked Paprika Parmesan Chicken
You’re going to start with the dipping your chicken pieces into the flour.
Followed by a dip into the egg wash.
And finally, pressing into the crumbs, both sides. Make sure to use your fingertips to press down firmly so the crumb mix sticks.
This recipe uses a combination spices to create a well rounded, nicely balanced flavour. In my spice mixes, I love using all three varieties of paprika (hot, smoked and sweet). The three of them go together perfectly.
Then there is parmesan. Don’t buy the pre-packaged one. Since parmesan is one of the main ingredients, it really needs to be fresh – the kind that you grate yourself.
So while we have the three different types of paprika and the parmesan, there are still four other essential herbs – onion salt, garlic salt, dried thyme, and dried oregano.
Altogether, this is a sweet, salty, spicy combination that is very moreish.
3 teaspoons Smoked paprika + 1 teaspoon Sweet paprika + ½ teaspoon Hot Paprika +
1 teaspoon Garlic salt + ¾ teaspoon onion salt + ½ teaspoon Thyme + ½ teaspoon Oregano +
2 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
If you love to take leftovers to work the next day, this is a good recipe as it makes three portions. Ideal if its just you and hubby (like me). Although I have to admit, I have to be quick to snavel the leftovers, as hubby tends to love his second helpings.
Love oven baked and crumbed chicken? Put these onto your weeknight rotation:
- Healthy Salt and Chilli Chicken
- Oven Baked Paprika Chicken Thighs
- Low Carb Chicken Schnitzel
- Popcorn Chicken Salad
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook or Pinterest! Did you try a recipe? Tag me on Instagram: @mysugarfreekitchen, and leave a comment & star rating!
Baked Paprika Parmesan Chicken is a clean eating easy midweek meal. Oven baked, crispy and crunchy, bursts of flavour and spices from the three different types of paprika, freshly finely grated parmesan and good old fashioned bread crumbs.
- 500 grams/1 pound Chicken tenderloins or breast is tenderloin unavailable
- ¼ cup Freshly grated parmesan
- 3 teaspoons Smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Hot Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sweet paprika
- ¾ teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 1 medium Egg
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F
- If you’ve bought chicken breast, instead of tenderloin, cut it into strips of about 3 cm wide by 8 – 10 cm long.
- Arrange 3 medium sized bowls. In the first bowl, place all the spices, breadcrumbs and parmesan and mix with a spoon to combine
- In the second bowl, place the egg and milk and whisk with a fork until combined.
- In the third bowl, place the plain flour.
- Arrange the tenderloins on a plate and place the bowls in a row next to the tenderloins in the following order: Plain flour, egg wash, crumb mix
- One at a time, coat in flour and shake off, dip in the egg wash, and press into the crumbs pressing down on both side. Set aside on a clean plate and repeat until all tenderloins are done.
- Spray a roasting tray with oil and arrange the tenderloins. Apply another quick oil spray on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
Serve with a crisp garden salad and chips or sweet potato.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!