These 5 Ingredient Low Carb Corn Fritters are so easy to make. The secret is in the flour to corn ratio and these fritters get it just right. Too much flour and they will be doughy and tough and you won’t even taste the corn, and unfortunately I have had way too many corn fritters done this way!!
What is more enjoyable is a sweetcorn fritter where you can see the corn practically jumping out and when you bite into it, the sweet juicy corn hits you and there is no question what so ever that you are indeed eating a corn fritter and not some nondescript pancake thing with something in it that might be corn but you can’t really be sure.
Low Carb Corn fritters with just 5 basic ingredients
These sweetcorn fritters came about one Sunday morning when I had set myself a challenge to make the perfect corn fritter with just 5 basic ingredients. I wanted them to be simple, no fuss, and packed with corn. I reckon they were a winner and this is a recipe that I will definitely be making over and over again now that I have perfected the ratio of flour to corn (in my opinion anyway).
Over the years Mr T and I have experienced many a corn fritter from a café or restaurant menu and have between ourselves critiqued said corn fritter, most often with miserable results, and rarely have we been able to find a corn fritter on our outings that was worthy of praise or that would encourage a re-visit to the establishment. So, after eating many dozens of corn fritters, we, ok I, feel somewhat qualified to say that I have made a pretty darn good corn fritter, that I am proud of and that I would eat over and over again.
When I have sweetcorn fritters my sides of choice are always a bit of bacon, sweet chilli sauce and sour cream. The crispiness of the bacon, the kick from the sweet chilly and the smooth creaminess from the sour cream all work together to lift the corn fritters to an almost sublime breakfast experience and one that I hope you will enjoy as well.
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook or Pinterest! Did you try a recipe? Tag me on Instagram: @mysugarfreekitchen, and leave a comment & star rating!
This recipe for 5 ingredient sweetcorn fritters has the ideal ratio of flour to corn where you can see the corn bursting through and yes! you can actually taste the corn as well. No floury aftertaste here just sweet juicy corn!
- ¼ cup SR Flour (I use Ogran Organic with Quinoa)
- 440 grams /[1 3/4 cup] Sweet corn (1 use tinned)
- 1 medium Egg
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Shallot
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 6 pieces bacon (rind removed)
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Sour Cream
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix flour, corn, egg, shallot and milk until well combine. Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat a non stick frypan on medium heat and spoon out batter, placing 3 at a time in the pan. Each one will take a minute or two, then flip to the other side.
- Heat another frypan and add the bacon and cook until crisp. Meanwhile make the rest of the fritters.
- Plate up the fritters 3 to a plate with 2 pieces of bacon, rocket, sweet chilli sauce and sour cream.
- This recipe is the perfect amount for 3 people - 3 fritters and 2 pieces of bacon person and that is what the nutrition panel is based on.
- If there are only 2 of you, save the other portion and have it for lunch!
- I sometimes add some dried herbs and spices to my corn fritters, generally whatever I have on hand (smoked paprika, dried parsley, oregano)
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
If you’re looking for some handy snack time ideas that are healthy, free from refined sugar and generally taste delicious, then check these out: Vanilla, Almond and Date Protein Cookies, and Banana and Chia Pikelets.
If you need something with a decidedly chocolate hit, try this one: Cashew Coconut Chocolate Cups