Savoury Mince Curry
A favourite dish in our household is Savoury Mince Curry which is a super easy, healthy dinner under 400 calories. Packed with protein, colourful veges, it has a tomato base and is seasoned with curry powder, garlic, salt and soy.
Servings 3 people
- 500 grams/1 pound of lean beef mince
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 tablespoon Crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1 cup Tomato Passata
- ½ cup Beef stock/broth
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Frozen mixed vegetables Note: 1
In a large saucepan on medium to high heat, add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
Add the mince to the saucepan, breaking up any lumps with a spatula, and stirring until it is browned.
Add the tomato paste, passata, stock/broth, curry powder, soy sauce and salt. Stir to mix in and cook on medium for 2 minutes.
Add the frozen mixed veges and cook for another 5 minutes on medium.
Keep uncovered and let simmer on low for 15 minutes to let the flavours develop and become richer.
Stir with a spoon and remove from stovetop. Serve with hot buttered toast, mashed potato, brown rice, or cous cous.
- Calories are for the Savoury Mince Curry only, based on 3 servings. If you have it with toast, potato, rice or cous cous, the calories would be higher.
- This recipe freezes really well. I often make this ahead, especially in the cooler months and store it in portion sized containers in the freezer.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g