Dairy Free Fudgey Chocolate Brownies
They’re fudgy, rich, tender, moist, quick and easy, delicious and won’t spike your sugar levels. Fudgey Chocolate Dairy Free Brownies that are simple to make, naturally sweetened, high in fibre and is the only recipe you’ll ever need for healthy homemade brownies.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 can Blackbeans 440 grams/14 ounces
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Quick Oats
- ¼ cup Granulated sweetener that measures like sugar (see note 1)
- ¼ cup Coconut oil melted
- 4 large Medjool dates room temperature, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon Sugar free peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
Drain and rinse the black beans under tap water.
Add all ingredients to a food processor, and blitz for a couple minutes until all combined and smooth batter has formed.
Line a large loaf tin with baking paper
Spoon out brownie mixture and pat down with the back of a spoon
Bake for 23 minutes in a fan oven at 170 degrees C/340 degrees F
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes
Using a sharp knife, slice into 8 equal portions (see notes)
Cover and let brownies come to room temperature
Dust with unsweetened cocoa powder, store in an air tight container in the fridge for upto 5 days.
- Sweetener: I used Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener for this recipe. It is available from the baking aisle of Woolworths in Australia and from amazon.
- Slicing: to get clean sharp square cuts on the brownie, you might like to wipe the knife in between cuts
- Dish: I used a rectangle metal loaf tin 30 cm x 15 cm (12 inch x 6 inch)
- Texture: Brownie should be soft and moist, but not gooey in the centre.
- Storage: plastic or glass container with an air tight lid, in the fridge for upto 5 days.
- To Serve: serve with double cream, sugar free custard, sugar free ice cream, or a selection of your favourite berries such as raspberries, strawberries and blueberries.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g