Mini Lime Jelly Cheesecakes
Servings 8 cheesecakes
- ¾ cup 80 grams Walnuts
- 4 Medjool Dates room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1 cup Philadelphia light cream cheese
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 to 5 teaspoons Fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup Granulated sweetener that measures like sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lime Jelly crystals low sugar/sugar free
- 8 cupcake liners
- Muffin Tray
Blitz room temperature dates, walnuts and ground ginger in a food processor until they resemble a crumb.
Place cupcake liners into a muffin tray and tip date/walnut crumb mixture evenly across all. Press crumbs firmly down into the liner to create the cheesecake base.
Wash food processor. Add the cream cheese, ricotta, lime juice and zest, and jelly crystals, sweetener. Blitz until smooth and creamy, and there is no graininess from the sweetener.
Spoon the filling evenly across each cheesecake base, filling the liner to 3/4. Use a teaspoon to smooth the top of the cheesecake.
Leave the cheesecakes in the muffin tray and either cover with foil, or put into an air tight container if you have one big enough. Store in the fridge overnight before serving.
- Sweetener: I used Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (Baking Blend), a natural sweetener, similar to Stevia. Its like a caster sugar replacement with only a fraction of the calories. If you can’t find Monkfruit baking blend, the regular granulated Monkfruit will work. It will just require a little extra blitzing.
- Taste Test: after putting the lime zest and juice in, blitz it, and taste to see if you can taste the lime. If not add a little more.
- Jelly: The jelly doesn’t really offer much lime flavour, its more about the colour that it adds.
- Walnuts: For an extra hint of flavour, you might like to lightly toast the walnuts for 5 minutes in a hot oven before blitzing.
- Walnut Substitute: Peacans could be used instead of walnuts.
- Cream Cheese: Low fat cream cheese can be used instead of full fat to reduce the calories and overall fat content, however it will be less creamy.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g