Salmon Noodles is a 15 minute meal, perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. Its crispy Salmon on a bed of soft lightly spiced noodles.
Servings 1 person
- 1 x 225 gram portion/ 1 x 0.5 lb. portion Fresh Salmon
- 3 tablespoons Light Soy
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Sambel Olek
- 1 teaspoon Crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon Grated ginger
- 1 sachets of Wokka Noodles
- 2 Fresh shallot/spring onion
- 2 tablespoons Dried shallots
- 2 tablespoons Dried onions
Heat a Non-Stick Pan medium to high heat and place salmon flat side down. Cook for a couple of minutes each side until golden and crispy.
Glaze: add light soy, lemon juice, sambel olek, garlic, ginger and honey to a jug and wisk to combine.
Spoon ¼ of the glaze over the salmon and move salmon around the pan to soak it up.
Break up the noodles and add them to the pan, using tongs to separate. Heat through for 2 to 3 minutes on medium to high. Pour over remainder of glaze onto the noodles, tossing through with the tongs. Add the fresh shallot, dried shallot and dried onion, and stir through.
Remove noodles from pan and arrange in a bowl. Add salmon on top, and drizzle any remaining glaze. Add additional shallot and or onion flakes if desired and serve immediately
- Noodles: I love Wokka Noodles because they’re quick and easy. Hokkien, Singapore and wholegrain. If you can;t find these in the Asian aisle at your supermarket, any ready made noodles will work.
- Sambel Olek: This is a chilli paste found in the Asian aisle of the supermarket. Basically any chilli paste will work if you can't find this one.
- Honey: Make sure to buy "Raw Honey"or "Pure Honey" as these are the ones without anything additional added. You can substitute honey for Maple Syrup, or you choice of granulated sweetener such as Stevia or Monkfruit.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon is best for this recipe, but you can use the lemon that ocmes in a bottle if that's all you have to hand.
- Dried Shallots/Dried Onions: also in the Asian aisle. You could try and make your own, but I find it convenient to buy them and I use them so frequently and they last for ages.
- Garlic/Ginger: I used bottled garlic and ginger for the convenience of creating a 15 minute meal. Feel free to use fresh ginger and garlic.
Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g