Lemon Garlic Prawns and Spaghetti Pasta
Rich juicy lemon and garlic prawns with a little bit of saltiness and tang together with good quality wholemeal pasta. A wholesome dish that is light, filling and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner in less than 30 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 400 grams /b. 0.9 lUncooked Prawns Fresh or Frozen
- 4 tablespoons Crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Basil
- 8 Cherry tomatoes quartered
- 200 grams / 7 oz. Spaghetti pasta
Heat a bowl of water to boiling. Add the spaghetti pasta and cook to you your liking, usually about 10 minutes is what works for me.
Remove shells and devein prawns
In a bowl, place the garlic, lemon juice, melted butter, water, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper and mix with a whisk to combine
Pat dry prawns with a paper towel to remove moisture and add to a hot wok. Toss to cook, until the start to turn orange.
Once they are just cooked, add the garlic and lemon mix. Toss to combine.
Add the chopped basil at the last minute.
Add pasta to the wok and stir in along with the cherry tomatoes and fresh shallots
Plate up and serve with a slice of lemon.
- When cooking the spaghetti, I like to break it in half before putting it into the water so that it cooks evenly and it makes it easier to eat.
- You could also use frozen green prawns and thaw them in the microwave on low/med for a few minutes. Just make sure to drain the moisture before putting them in the wok.
- You could either remove the tails or leave them on during the cooking process and remove them once the dish is plated up and you are eating it. It is really a matter of personal preference which way you go.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 580kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g