Pineapple Chicken Curry
This Pineapple Chicken Curry is a Thai Inspired dish packed with Asian flavours. Its sweet and spicy
comfort food that makes your tastebuds sing. Rich and creamy curry sauce with tender chicken pieces, loads of flavours, veges, and pops of juiciness from cherry tomatoes and sweet tangy pineapple.
Servings 4 people
- 500 grams/1 pound Chicken Breast chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Minced Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Raw honey
- 1 teaspoon Lemongrass paste or freshly chopped
- ¼ cup Yellow Thai Curry Paste
- 2 cups Coconut Milk Full fat
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 Cup Diced Pineapple
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup Red Capsicum/Pepper
- ½ cup Green Capsicum/Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups Rice white or brown
Cook the rice as per packet instructions
Heat a pan or wok on the stove on medium to high heat. Add the coconut oil, garlic, ginger and onion. Cook for a couple minutes until onion turns translucent.
Add the chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until just cooked. Add the capsicum/peppers and stir for a further minute.
Add the curry paste and lemongrass and stir through for 1 minute
Add the coconut milk and stir through for a couple of minutes. Turn down to medium heat.
Add in the honey, fish sauce and lime juice, stirring through.
Add in the tomatoes and pineapple and stir through.
Divide up the curry and serve with rice.
- Curry Paste: I used Ayam Thai Yellow curry paste. Thai Red curry paste would also work. If using red curry paste, use 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons for a mild to medium level curry.
- Spiciness: ¼ cup curry paste makes a mild curry. For a more mild to medium, add an extra tablespoon of curry paste. Alternatively you might like to add some chilli flakes to the mild curry for an extra bit of spiciness (this is my favourite way to enjoy this curry!)
- Pineapple: I use canned pineapple in chunks, but you can use fresh if you prefer.
- Lemongrass: Use lemongrass paste if you can. Its easier and more convenient. If you can't find it in the supermarket, look for bottled lemongrass in the asian food aisle, or buy fresh lemongrass and diced up the same amount
- Other types of vegetables to use: ½ cup Zucchini chopped into small chunks, ½ cup of Diced Pumpkin, ½ cup Green beans sliced into 1 inch sticks, even 1 cup of frozen diced veges would work!
- Serving Options: Regular Options: White Jasmine Rice, Brown Rice, Pearl Cous Cous, Pearl Barley. Low Carb Options: Cauliflower Rice, Zucchini Noodles, Broccoli Rice.
- Storage: Curry will keep in the fridge for 3 days in an air tight container. I wouldn’t recommend freezing it.
Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g