These Cheesecake Balls are sweet, tangy and creamy. They are perfect for after dinner cravings, and with your morning coffee.
Servings 12 Bliss Balls
- 225 grams / 1 cup Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 large lemon (zest and juice)
- 3 tablespoons Raw honey
- ¼ cup Almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- extra shredded coconut for rolling
Soften Cream Cheese: Chop cream cheese into cubes, cover and leave on bench for 20 minutes to come to room temperature.
Add Ingredients to Food Processor: Add cream cheese, almond meal, honey, coconut, tumeric and lemon. Blitz mixture until it resembles thick cheesecake filling
Firm up the mixture: Remove the mixture from the food processor and put into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put into freezer for 30 minutes.
Roll into 12 balls: Use a spoon or small ice cream scoop to get out portion sized amounts. Shape into a ball, roll in coconut and repeat until round and smooth. Set aside and repeat until done.
Store: place cheesecake balls into an air tight container with lid and refrigerate for 7 days.
- Cream Cheese: Full fat cream cheese works best for this recipe
- Pure Honey: This is to sweeten and add flavour. Alternatively you could use pure Male Syrup, or even a sugar free maple syrup like Lakanto Maple Syrup.
- Coconut: Make sure to buy desicated caoconut which is the finely shredded coconut which is best for rolling the balls in.
- Lemon: This gives the cheesecake balls their tartness (like a real cheesecake) and it makes them come alive. The combination of juice and zest provide a big lemon hit. YOu can leave out the zest if you like but I highly recommend it!
- Almond Meal: This provides texture and helps with binding all the other wet ingredients together. Almond meal is finely ground almonds, which you can make yourself in a food processor instead of buying it.
- Tumeric: purely for colour and a little bit of earthiness to balance out the sweetness from the honey and tang from the lemon. Not essential, but recommended if you have it on hand.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g