Beef Rogan Josh
Beef Rogan Josh is an easy to make rich, thick Indian beef curry, mildly spicy, with a flavourful sauce and thick chunks of beef so tender they will melt in your mouth.
Servings 5 people
- 1.25 kg /2.75 pounds Gravy Beef Chopped into chunks
- 2 large Brown onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon Ginger freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons Garlic crushed
- ½ cup Rogan Josh paste
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 400 g/14.5 ounce tin Canned diced tomatoes
- ½ cup Beef stock/broth
- ¼ cup Orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cardamom Pods bruised
- 2 bay leaves
- Coriander/cilantro to serve
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- Nan Bread/Roti Bread
- Jasmine Rice
Brown the meat, either in your slow cooker if it has that function, or in a separate pan.
Place all ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
Once cooked, remove bay leaves and season with salt/pepper to taste.
Drizzle a little greek yoghurt on, along with diced coriander/cilantro.
Serve with optional rice, nan bread or roti.
- This dish freezes very well. Portion out into freezer friendly containers and freeze for upto 8 weeks.
- I use a 4.5 litre/18 cup slow cooker.
Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 71g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g