Paprika Parmesan Chicken
BCrispy,crunchy, smoky, salty Paprika Parmesan Chicken takes just 10 minutes of prep,and then into a hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Servings 3 people
- 500 grams/1 pound Chicken tenderloins note 1
- ½ cup Freshly grated parmesan note 2
- 3 teaspoons Smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon Garlic salt note 3
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano note 4
- ¼ cup Cornflake Crumbs note 5
- 1 medium Egg
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Plain flour
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F
Arrange 3 medium sized bowls on bench in this order. First bowl – plain flour, Second bowl –- whisk the egg and milk until combined, Third bowl - parmesan, paprika, garlic salt, oregano and cornflake crumbs.
One at a time, coat tenderloin in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into the egg wash. Press firmly both sides into the parmesan crumb.
Spray a roasting tray with oil and arrange the tenderloins flatly so they aren’t touching. Add another quick oil spray on top
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let rest for 5 minute out of the oven (it will continue to cook a little)
Serve with a your favourite dipping sauce.
- Chicken: The same amount of chicken breast can e used instead of chicken tenderloin. Cut breast into big chunky lengths. (about 3 cm wide by 8 – 10 cm long)
- Parmesan: Fresh is best, but you can also use the pre-packaged variety that’s already shredded. I’d recommend avoiding the dried parmesan you find in the pasta aisle.
- Dried Herbs: other herbs to include may be thyme or rosemary. Add a teaspoon of each, or substitute with oregano to create a new flavour combination.
- Salt: Sea salt or onion salt can be used instead of garlic salt
- Crumbs: Regular breadcrumbs can be substituted for cornflake crumbs.
- Serves: this recipe will serve 3 people as a main, with a side of veg. If being served on its own as a main with dipping sauce, its more suitable for two people.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g