No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
These No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are made with just 6 ingredients in your food processor. It’s a quick and easy recipe that’s naturally sweetened without added sugars.
Servings 16 Bars
- 24 Medjool Dates Seeds removed
- ⅓ cup Natural or Sugar Free Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup Granulated peanuts unsalted
- 1 cup 400 grams of Melted Dark or Sugar Free Chocolate
Add dates, peanut butter and vanilla to a food processor. Blitz on high until it forms a clump and resembles a paste.
Add the oats and peanuts to a large bowl and mix together.
Add date/peanut butter mixture to oats and peanuts. Use hands to mix together
Press mixture into a square baking tray lined with parchment or baking paper so bars are easy to get out. Smooth out he top with the back of a spoon.
Melt chocolate in microwave on high in 30 second bursts (mine took 3 mins total, stirring in between)
Pout chocolate mixture onto bar mixture, smoothing over the top all the way to the corners with the back of a spoon.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours
Slice into 16 bars with a sharp warm knife (dipping knife into hot water with each cut and wiping in between)
- Dates: Ideally you want the dates to be at room temperature as this will be kinder to your food processor and more easily create a paste.
- Peanut Butter: I used a natural smooth peanut butter, however you could also use a crunchy peanut butter.
- Oats: Big oats work well for this recipe as they add a nice texture, however you could also use quick oats if that is hat you have.
- Peanuts: Using granulated peanuts means the nuts are already chopped small which is mostly for convenience. You can also use whole peanuts, just make sure to buy the unsalted variety if you want your bars to be sweet.
- Chocolate: Melting chocolate bars works better than melting chocolate chips, and if you are unable to find sugar free dark chocolate bars, use 70 – 80% dark chocolate. Avoid using a milk chocolate as it will make the bars to sickly sweet. The bitterness of the darker chocolate offsets the sweetness.
- Storage: Store in an air tight container for 5 days. Using baking paper/parchment paper to separate the layers if storing the bars on top of each other as it will help prevent sticking.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g