Sugar Free Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
This sugar free self saucing pudding is a wickedly rich and chocolate dessert perfect for dinner parties and special occasions. Slightly firm on the outside, and gooey in the middle, this is a clean eating dessert for chocolate lovers for sure.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 55 grams/2 oz sugar free dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener that measures like sugar see notes
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon sugar free peanut butter
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (fan forced), 350 degrees F (fan forced)
Mix flour and baking powder together in a small dish.
Place chocolate, butter, peanut butter and granulated sweetener into saucepan over low heat. Stir for 3 minutes until or until melted and smooth and velvety. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
With pan off the heat and add the eggs one at a time, whisking in thoroughly. (See note 2)
Add flour into the saucepan with the chocolate mixture and gently stir in with a large wooden spoon.
Spoon mixture evenly into the ramekins
Place ramekins onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees C (fan forced), 350 degrees F (fan forced). Note: when done, edges should be just set and the middle should be wobbly.
Remove from oven and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve cakes in ramekins, dust with unsweetened cocoa powder and serve immediately whilst still warm with fresh raspberries, sugar free ice cream, or sugar free custard, or cream.
1. The granulated sweetener I use is Natvia Stevia (the baking blend) as it is superfine and perfect for baked goods as it completely dissolves without any grittiness or aftertaste.
2. Make sure eggs are mixed in thoroughly and the chocolate batter is silky. If the eggs have not been mixed in thoroughly enough, the puddings won’t cook properly.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g