Easy Chicken Rissoles
These lightly spiced Chicken Rissoles are super easy to make with a little ginger, garlic, dried or fresh herbs and panko breadcrumbs to a to create a delicious golden crispiness on the outside. Makes 6 Generous rissoles which serves 3 as a main, or 6 as an entree.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 500 grams /1 pound Chicken mince/ground chicken
- 1 medium brown onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or regular salt
- 1 tablespoon Dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- ½ cup Panko Bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients (except panko breadcrumbs) and mix together with 2 spoons or your hands, making sure everything it thoroughly combined.
On a large dinner plate, spread the panko crumbs
Take 2 to 3 dessert spoonfuls of meat mixture and form into a round, gently flattening on each side. Place in the crumbs and turn over and around until the rissole is all coated. Set aside on a clean plate.
Repeat the process and make 5 more.
Heat a pan/skillet on the stove on medium to high heat with the oil. Once it is heated, add the rissoles and cook for a few minutes each side until they are golden brown, turning with a spatula.
- This recipe makes 6 rissoles and Nutrition is per Rissole. Generally 2 rissoles are adequate for the average eater.
- These rissoles make great leftovers the next day, just reheat in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
- You can also freeze the rissoles in an air tight container for upto 4 weeks.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g