Hi I’m Kim, the blogger, cook and photographer behind My Sugar Free Kitchen and I’m so glad you’re here because it means you have an interest in changing your eating habits and finding ways to better take care of yourself.
If you’re new to the idea of cutting out processed foods or even just looking to reduce the amount of processed foods you consume, I hope you’ll find some value in the resources on this blog.
It is my mission to inspire and motivate women over 40 to find their lightness through decluttering their diet, simplifying their priorities and taking better care of themselves. Welcome to the Living Lighter Movement!
My Sugar Free Kitchen is meant to be a relatable, resourceful, and inspirational place where I share recipes, tips, tools and lessons learned all inspired by my own path towards personal growth, self care, and living lighter.
It is dedicated to encouraging others to take the driver’s seat with their well-being, while exploring the benefits and beauty of self care. In short, it’s about eating well, feeling alive and living lighter.
If you’re like most of my readers, you likely wish for a lifestyle without the sugar baggage, bad habits, stress, and mindless mental clutter, but instead your reality probably looks something like this:
- You’re not sleeping well
- You’re complexion is dull and lifeless
- You're constantly tired and lacking energy and motivation
- No matter how much you eat you’re always hungry
- You’re moody, you forget things and have trouble concentrating for long periods
- You get every flu bug that’s going around
- Your jeans are tighter than they used to be
- You can’t go a day without treating yourself
- You cant remember when you did….nothing
I’ve been there. BUT… Life is too short to not live the life you want.
- I believe that what you eat will influence all your major decisions in life.
- I believe that self care is the fuel that drives your body, your mind and your spirit.
- I believe that living lighter is inevitable when you prioritise your health and wellness.
I'd Love To Share With You What I've Learnt Along The Way
Just imagine living a life that is not controlled by sugar, cravings, or your sweet tooth. Imagine if you no longer had afternoon sugar slumps, mood swings and brain fog.
What if, instead you could feel more motivated and energized than you’ve felt in years because your tastebuds are no longer addicted to sugar?
What If you could feel mentally and physically lighter, calmer, more organised and in control. It is possible.
Stick with me and I'll share what I've learnt.
Sugar Free Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes With Raspberry Frosting
My Most Popular Posts
- Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon
- Salmon Curry in a Hurry
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Meatballs
- Chicken in Greek Yoghurt Marinade
- Clean Eating Butter Chicken
Desserts & Snacks
- Sugar Free No Bake Passionfruit Cheesecake
- Sugar Free Chilli Chocolate Cheesecake
- Sugar Free Bliss Balls
- Sugar Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Sugar Free Chocolate Sweet Potato Muffins
- 8 Signs You're Eating Too Much Sugar
- 7 Life Changing Tips To Stop After Dinner Sweet Cravings
- Say No To Sugar With Smart Food Swaps
Master Meal Planning
- Practical Actions and Solutions To Master Meal Planning
- Batch Cooking For Beginners
- Meal Planning 101
- Meal Planning for Couples
- 10 Sugar Free Fridge Free Portable Snacks for On The Go
- 10 Tips for Smarter Grocery Shopping
- 17 Emergency Food Ideas To Keep Cravings At Bay
- 5 Steps To Getting Started With Simple Self Care
- Essential Questions To Understand Your Self Care Needs
- 7 Self Care Strategies To Avoid Overwhelm and Burnout
- Discover The Life Changing Magic of Identifying Your Core Values
WHAT YOU’LL FIND ON MY BLOG
- Simple, full flavoured dinner meals using fresh ingredients. 15 Minute. 30 Minute.
- Takeout favourites with a healthy twist and Dinners for two because date nights matter and deserve and amazing nosh.
- Dinners under 500 calories, seafood recipes, and recipes you can make ahead in the Pressure Cooker and Slow Cooker.
- Healthier dessert and snack recipes made without refined sugars, instead sweetened naturally with stevia, raw honey or fruits.
- Recipes that I have made many times and have eaten time and time again. If a recipe does not pass my strict standards, it does not go onto my blog.
- Recipes with nutritional information calculated via the My Fitness Pal app.
- Tips, Guides and Resources for managing cravings, meal planning, eating smarter, essential self care and simple living.
WHAT YOU WON’T FIND ON MY BLOG
- Recipes that use bottled pre made recipe bases full of sugar, preservatives and other random things.
- Recipes that are bland, boring and tasteless. I like lots of flavour. In Everything. I don’t do bland.
- Complicated recipes. Mostly because I can’t be bothered. I want it to be easy and I want to enjoy doing it, so its uncomplicated all the way.
You can read more about my story here
Before I go, I want to say a sincere thank you for visiting my blog and for starting your discovery into the world of healthy, delicious and flavour packed sugar free dinners and desserts.
You can get all my latest recipes, tips and words of wisdom on how to ditch the junk and live lighter by signing up to my mailing list. No spam, just real stuff that’s actually useful.
Or, maybe you’re more into Instagram. I’m there too.