Hi I’m Kim, the blogger, cook and photographer behind My Sugar Free Kitchen and I’m so glad you’re here because it means you have an interest in changing your eating habits.
If you’re new to the idea of cutting out processed foods or even just looking to reduce the amount of processed foods you consume, I hope you’ll find some value in the resources on this blog.
After experiencing personal tragedy, loss and grief in my early 40’s I realised I needed to turnaround my bad eating habits and get rid of the things in my diet and life that were weighing me down.
It has become my mission to help kid free married women over 40 who are feeling weighed down by years of bad eating, to declutter their diet and simplify their priorities so they can stress less, sleep better and live lighter.
If you’re like most of my readers, you likely wish for a lifestyle without the sugar baggage, bad habits, and clutter, but instead your reality probably looks something like this:
- You’re not sleeping well
- You’re complexion is dull and lifeless
- You’re constantly tired and lacking energy and motivation
- No matter how much you eat you’re always hungry
- You’re moody, you forget things and have trouble concentrating for long periods
- You get every flu bug that’s going around
- Your jeans are tighter than they used to be
- You can’t go a day without treating yourself
I’ve been there. BUT… Life is too short for Sugar to be in charge.
- I believe you can control your sweet tooth by making better food choices that fuel your body and energize your mind.
- I believe that you can sleep better and stress less when you have healthy eating habits
- I believe that small changes can have a big impact and create a better foundation for the future, in both your diet and your life.
Sugar Is Not The Boss Of Me Anymore and It Doesn’t Have To Be The Boss of You!
Just imagine living a life that is not controlled by sugar, cravings, or your sweet tooth. Imagine if you no longer had afternoon sugar slumps, mood swings and brain fog.
What if, instead you could feel more motivated and energized than you’ve felt in years because your tastebuds are no longer addicted to sugar?
What If you could feel mentally and physically lighter, calmer, more organised and in control. It is possible.
If you crave comfort food with a healthy spin, have an incurable sweet tooth and can’t go without your after dinner treats or your 3pm munchies, and yearn for the day when you’re not weighed down by bad eating habits, you’re have arrived at the right place.
My Most Popular Posts
- Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon
- Salmon Curry in a Hurry
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Meatballs
- Chicken in Greek Yoghurt Marinade
- Clean Eating Butter Chicken
Desserts & Snacks
- Sugar Free No Bake Passionfruit Cheesecake
- Sugar Free Chilli Chocolate Cheesecake
- Sugar Free Bliss Balls
- Sugar Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Sugar Free Chocolate Sweet Potato Muffins
- 8 Signs You’re Eating Too Much Sugar
- 7 Life Changing Tips To Stop After Dinner Sweet Cravings
- Say No To Sugar With Smart Food Swaps
- Practical Actions and Solutions To Master Meal Planning
- Batch Cooking For Beginners
- Meal Planning 101
- Meal Planning for Couples
WHAT YOU’LL FIND ON MY BLOG
- Simple, full flavoured dinner meals using fresh ingredients. 15 Minute. 30 Minute.
- Takeout favourites with a healthy twist and Dinners for two because date nights matter and deserve and amazing nosh.
- Dinners under 500 calories, seafood recipes, and recipes you can make ahead in the Pressure Cooker and Slow Cooker.
- Healthier dessert and snack recipes made without refined sugars, instead sweetened naturally with stevia, raw honey or fruits.
- Recipes that I have made many times and have eaten time and time again. If a recipe does not pass my strict standards, it does not go onto my blog.
- Recipes with nutritional information calculated via the My Fitness Pal app.
- Tips, Guides and Resources for managing cravings, meal planning, stress eating, finding healthier alternatives and simple living.
WHAT YOU WON’T FIND ON MY BLOG
- Recipes that use bottled pre made recipe bases full of sugar, preservatives and other random things.
- Recipes that are bland, boring and tasteless. I like lots of flavour. In Everything. I don’t do bland.
- Complicated recipes. Mostly because I can’t be bothered. I want it to be easy and I want to enjoy doing it, so its uncomplicated all the way.
You can read more about my story here
Before I go, I want to say a sincere thank you for visiting my blog and for starting your discovery into the world of healthy, delicious and flavour packed sugar free dinners and desserts.
You can get all my latest recipes, tips and words of wisdom on how to ditch the junk and live lighter by signing up to my mailing list. No spam, just real stuff that’s actually useful.
Or, maybe you’re more into Instagram. I’m there too.